Hi! I do take review requests! But, there’s some stuff that I want you to know first:
- My favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction, but I’m not adverse to genres outside of those.
- I absolutely love audiobooks, and I usually review them quicker because I have more time for audio than print, because I can listen at work! Audio isn’t by any means necessary, but if it exists already, it might be an idea. 😀
- I review 100% based off how much I enjoyed a story. The more I enjoy a story, the less able I am to articulate why, so sometimes my reviews just tend to be incoherent babbling about how good a book was. ‘IT WAS SO GOOD, BECAUSE REASONS!’ – though, I do try to articulate… most of the time. 😀 What I mean is that I’m not going to wax poetic about how evocative your prose was. I’m going to tell the world why your work was awesome (or less awesome from time to time) to me, and why other people should read it.
- If I’m not enjoying your book after 3 or 4 hours of reading or listening to it, I will likely DNF it. I do not review books I did not finish. I will remove it from my shelf, and I will tell you that I DNF it. We can’t all like everything we read, and life is too short to read books you don’t like. It doesn’t mean that your book is shit, it just means that I didn’t like it. I don’t like a lot of things that a lot of other people do (but I’ll admit, I don’t usually not like books). 😀
- I swear a lot. A fucking unholy ridiculous amount. You probably realized that by now!~
- I make up words that make no sense.
- I will almost certainly poke fun of at least one aspect of your book.
- It might take weeks, it might take months, but I promise I will get to your book. I will at least try to read it. My reading time fluctuates wildly depending on my workload. Sometimes I can read for 7 hours a day, sometimes no hours a day.
- I have a superpower, and that superpower is finding spelling and continuity errors. It doesn’t work too well on punctuation, but if you said reign instead of rein, or said you had 100 of something only for it to be 200 later on, I’ll probably catch that. I likely won’t even say anything about it in my review either, but what I will do is message/email/DM you and tell you about it. I want your book to be the best it can be as much as you do. I am your accidental proofreader, and if I can put this power to use, then hooray, amirite? ^_^ (And for the record, I do know the differences between British and American English. I won’t correct you if you spell armor with a u, lol).
So, with all that said, if you would like me to review your book, I can be found at superstardrifter at the gmails. 😀